Monday 4 November 2013

About

Ella & Louis is a company/ label that I have dreamed about having for a large part of my life and that is finally coming into being. This blog will show the process of starting your own company and all the bumps in the road that leads to a thriving company (not thinking for a moment it won't get there).


ELLA EN LOUIS




I named the company after Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, because to me, they symbolize a passion and a strength in making your dreams come true and working hard to achieve that. Music from different times and different cultures changes your way of thinking. To me, Ella and Louis inspire me to do my best to live my best life, choosing to do what I really want to do and putting energy and effort into that.

Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do.
Where there is love and inspiration,
I don't think you can go wrong.

Ella Fitzgerald


THE TOTE BAG

The tote bag is a product I love, it is a fashion classic with endless possibilities. Tote bags will be the first line of products of Ella & Louis. I would love to create black totes with folk embroidery, totes made of vintage fabrics, hand-printed classic white totes and also a series of book totes. This series of book totes lies close to my heart. I have studied British Literature and I wanted to include my favourite books in my products. It's a way to keep them close.



The test Book Tote was a Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway Tote. I love this classic British novel, especially this quote. The quote represents a sense of Britishness, a sense of pride but also a certain darkness that I think are often present in British literature.

I know where I want this company to go, but the road there will be a long and bumpy one. I am really excited about all the possibilities it offers, and a bit scared as well having giving all this freedom to steer this ship. I will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment